Wednesday, February 27, 2013

THE LOGOS HOPE

As part of my new job, I got to visit the Biggest Floating Bookstore ever. "THE LOGOS HOPE"


Waa, Yes, it was quite amazing, I met and got to talk to few volunteers on the ship. The ship is part of the German Organisation GBA Ships, and they had already sent 3 previous Bookstore ship to the world since 1980s.
There were various kinds of book inside the floating Bookstore, but most of them are in English, as well as few shelves of Thai book. (Where's the photo, Wita?)
Along with the book, there also are some souvenirs and memento to remind you of the memories of being on board.
 I checked out this one about the ship herself.

They also have some activities.. say, Kids Corner 



Oh well, I was delighted to be on the ship, but I could help thinking of the phrase someone said to me when he heard of the ship; "perhaps all the right cost will go to the right people, if they use the money to buy and give out free Kindle rather than to maintain the ship."

Hmm, that's so far I could make it interesting.

Best

Wits xx

No comments: